Re: retrofit cohousing logistics?
From: Naomi Anderegg (naomi_andereggyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 20:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I've been following the flow of the conversation and was wondering if anyone
knows the logistics of how the whole HOA and right of first refusal stuff fits
in with retrofit co-housing in a neighborhood setting? I'm interested in the
idea of building a co-housing group with an already existing neighborhood (as
an
urban renewal effort). I suspect that such a group would want to start by
buying
as many houses/properties as they could on one block or two adjacent blocks,
and
try to make it so that every time a house became available in the
pre-determined
area over the course of the next several years, that property was essentially
annexed into the co-housing group. But, how would you make sure that, as you
were building, any properties associated with the co-housing association stayed
associated with the co-housing association and that people buying them and
moving into them were committed to co-housing, and the fees and time-commitment
that go with it?

Best,

Naomi