Re: Landmark consultant
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
Matt  --

Clearly you've had a negative encounter w/ The Landmark Forum. Your experience is your experience and I'm not trying to talk you out of it or convince you to think otherwise. I just want to add my experience.

I was a big skeptic of this training. When I finally decided to try it I found it had a profound and lasting impact on my life. I have a life that I love, that I fully embrace (wheelchair and all) and that I live powerfully every day. I did not become a "groupie." If The Landmark Forum is brainwashing ... believe me ... back then, my brain needed some serious sudsing and scrubbing! :-)

One thing I know for sure ... if everyone who comes into a forming cohousing group would do the Landmark Forum (or another training of similar kind) it would stop the endless sessions groups often have of dealing w/ an individual's baggage that we all bring into cohousing. The Landmark Forum taught me to distinguish my "rackets" (a constant complaint coupled w/ a fixed way of being about it), to put The Past in the past and to put a period there. And ... more importantly, it gives you a common language of communication. It's incredibly easy to be straight w/ another Forum graduate even when delivering really, really bad news.

Is The Forum for everyone? Probably not. But it's a rich and powerful tool for getting on in the world. And making the world a little bit saner.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC