Re: rice cooker
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 05:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
Eris Weaver said:
> It uses a "cup" that is NOT the same as our standard measuring
> cups...the cup forever gets misplaced, and I always have to
> re-calculate how much rice to use,

I suggest finding a measure you do have and working with that.

We have a stock of jars that we use for storage that are all the same
size. Well, we have one that's much more common and readily
identifiable. So I wrote in permanent marker on the outside of the
rice cooker "one plastic fruit jar of rice and fill to the 9 cup
marker" then underneath in much smaller letters "one cup white rice,
two cups water. One cup brown rice, 2.5 cups water". Most people are
happy with the "plastic fruit" jar measurement. Especially since
there's usually one in the rice sack to use as a scoop.

Moz

  • Re: rice cooker Eris Weaver, August 10 2010
    • Re: rice cooker Moz, August 11 2010