E-car buddies [was: Co-owned vehicles in North Carolina
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:44:46 -0700 (PDT)
This thread reminded me of something I've been thinking about lately
as the availability date approaches of the Nissan Leaf ** , the first
mass produced compact battery electric car (BEV -- all electric car)
Tho the car is expected have 100 mile range on a charge, sometimes one
needs more.  One way would around this problem would be for folks with
a BEV to have a cooperative arrangement with folks supportive of BEV's
that still who have a gas car to exchange cars when need and
opportunity arise ("e-car buddies).

I've been pondering a specialized web site to facilitate matching
people willing to do this.  Of course, if they both lived in the same
cohousing community it would be easier to do.

** The Leaf will be available Dec 2010 in a few US states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Leaf

Fred