Re: Required public use of common house
From: Kristin Wells (cbuilderddgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:48:28 -0700 (PDT)
I think this sounds like a lovely idea.

While we have no requirement like you are indicating, part of our vision is
to make our common house available to our neighborhood. Some events already
planned are a fundraiser for a local non-profit and the neighborhood
association's board holiday party as well as some secret cafe's of a co-op
that is starting up.

>From a planning perspective, we tried to encourage this through our site
design. We intentionally located it on the corner, most public portion of
our property so that it is easy to see and access without traipsing through
the entire community. We still located the entrance interior to the property
so that it is 'our common house' and encourages connection to the units and
safety to all of us, but it is still easy to access from the street. Our
property is 2/3 an acre and is a dense urban model to give some context to
the plan.

Good luck!