Re: biking in copenhagen
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:19:33 -0700 (PDT)
May I suggest that security measures are not something appropriate to
discuss on an unscreened, publicly archived, web-searchable mailing list.

If you want to talk about things that could make your community more
vulnerable, go offline with direct correspondence with people you know, and
even then online may not be ideal because of the ease with which email
accounts on many systems are compromised, or the vulnerability of many
desktops/laptops to viruses.

One benefit of having visited 100 cohousing neighborhoods is that I can
speak of these things in the abstract without revealing which community, but
even then what I aim to communicate are the underlying patterns/best
practices we can learn from, not specific vulnerabilities or info that could
compromise even the best security methods.

Yes, "security by obscurity" is not a solution in itself. But if we learn
anything from living in community, it should be that communicating critical
info through relationships and individual conversations beats broadcasts for
effectiveness nine times out of ten.

Raines

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com