Re: MBTI personality type
From: Pastor Liz (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Especially for those who have been forced to do this sort of thing at
> work, and have failed to game the metric to their boss's satisfaction.
> Partly it also rests on having a good explanation of what you want to
> do the test for, and how you're going to use it.

Yes, but more than that I meant to emphasize that there is a
significant population that does not believe in standardized tests as
a way to "identify a personality". There is good research that can
show that MBTI (or whichever test you've decided is the direction)
doesn't really reliably predict anything.

I personally like MBTI but the enneagram gives me the heebie jeevies.

But the point is that if you want to welcome difference in your group,
any discussion about "which personality you are" needs to leave room
for people to decide "none", and have a valid voice disagreeing with
the very process.

I like Sharon's note about "watching" or being the audience.
That too.

Liz
Mosaic Commons
Berlin MA
Won't you be our neigbhor? Homes still available!
www.sawyerhill.org