Re: MBTI personality type
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:09:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

The most recent version(s) of the MBTI break down each of the four types into various subtypes, which I found very valuable when taking the MBTI again recently. For example, I'm definitely an (I)trovert, yet many people don't realize it since I active participate at parties and meetings. However, the "vert" type has around five subparts. On four of them I come out definitely introverted, but on the fifth type, "gregariousness", I score definitely the other way. In brief, I do enjoy being part of groups and sharing my stories and views. However, I share the key trait with other introverts of (1) my batteries get drained when mingling with people, and get recharged when I spent time alone, and (2) I process my thoughts much more effectively by thinking them through myself and/or journaling then by discussing them with others.

So, if you feel a bit confused after taking an older version of the MBTI, take a recent one. It may all come into focus!

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing