Senior cohousing
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:25:25 -0800 (PST)
I disagree with the notion that the senior cohousing movement detracts from
multi-generational cohousing.

I actually am very excited about senior cohousing, and determined to help
make it happen.  I look at the baby boomer tsunami that is about to hit
retirement age - and I conclude that my generation is in BIG trouble if we
do not figure out how to better house ourselves in our later years.  There
will not be enough multi-generational cohousing to do it.  Social Security
may be broke.  I sincerely believe we will need to explore MANY solutions
and this is one solution that should be available for whoever wants it.

I am especially excited about the two types going in side by side as in the
case of Silver Sage and Wild Sage communities in Boulder!

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED AP
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002