Re: Senior cohousing
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:14:29 -0800 (PST)
Well I'm for both kinds and I am especially interested in the accommodations
that multigenerational cohousing communities are making  as its middle-aged
members become seniors.

However, I would like to say something about those words about Social
Security -- it will not go broke unless we join those who want it to
belly-up by assuming it must go broke.  A few tweeks and it will last
through the baby boomers and beyond.  the tweeks? 1) turn it from a
regressive to a progressive tax -- at the moment the richer you are the
smaller is the perventage of your income that you pay into it.  2) raise the
retirement age slightly; 3) stop dipping into the fund to pay for deficits
in other parts of the budget.

Thanks,
Diane