Re: Seniors vs. Multigenerational Cohousing
From: VAN DEIST (vandeistmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:17:54 -0800 (PST)
The forming, Suncaost Elder Cohousing Community in Sarasota, Florida is
currently deciding whether it will be strictly elder or will be elder rich.
The elder rich consideration comes from the concern by some members that their
offspring who are less than 50 y/o be able to inherit and live in the units
owned by their parents.  We are considering to allow units to be inherited and
occupied by those under 50 y/o but not to allow units to be sold to those under
50 y/o.  Our community is intended to be 24 downsized, Cracker cottages and a
common house on five acres clustered around an open commons area.  It's
certainly a work in progress.

Van Deist, Organizer
Suncoast Elder Cohousing Community
941.223.5880