Support groups in cohousing for people who are out of work
From: rhmorrison (rhmorrisonaol.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 07:33:08 -0800 (PST)
   Sylvie Kashdan at Jackson Place Cohousing wrote:
 We have a few members who are in their early sixties and have been laid off
from good paying white-collar jobs. [snip]  Here at Jackson Place Cohousing we
are discussing how we as a commmunity can develop a support system to help
neighbors who need to retire [before they otherwise would] and/or become
disabled in some way, so they won't have to leave our community because of
either financial or support or health care reasons. We would appreciate
learning about how other established communities are dealing with this. [end
quote]
  Thanks for raising this issue. There are a lot of people who are in this
situation. Will this support system include helping people who are physically
able to hold a paying job and would like to find a job to find one?

Bob Morrison
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin, MA