Re: Support groups in cohousing for people who are out of work
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:27:12 -0800 (PST)
While we do have quite a few out-of-work folks here at FrogSong, no one has
of yet organized anything formal to deal with it collectively.

We also have a lot of folks here who are self-employed (self-included); I
recently started a group for us that focuses on being accountability
partners. While we do some problem-solving and general venting, sharing of
info & leads, etc. our main activity is setting forth individual
objectives/tasks for the coming week (making X number of phone calls,
finishing a particular project, scheduling a meeting with a potential
client, etc.) and then reporting back to the group how we did that week.
Often the question is asked, "how can we as a group help you accomplish
that?" which sometimes means phone calls during the week, etc. So far it is
working VERY well - we are finding ourselves being more productive when we
have someone else to report to! I can see this model working well for  group
of folks who are looking for work.

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info