Re: seeking balance
From: Richart Keller (richart.kellergmail.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:51:53 -0800 (PST)
Susan identified a need which really resonates with me and Ken's and
Patrick's thoughts point to a very productive way of addressing the need.
It has always seemed to me that cohousing can (and to some extent does)
offer special opportunities for addressing a variety of social justice
issues.

A major challenge is to articulate the specifics in order to counter a
widespread view of cohousing, including among national policy wonks, that it
is for people with money and time to spare and doesn't offer much for low
income folks who are barely able to stay afloat and have little if any free
time.

Would love to join in some brainstorming to expand the excellent list of
examples which Patrick suggested and develop specific practical strategies
to implement them.

Maybe this could be the subject of a session at the national conference?
Might also be useful for some folks to identify and write up the relevant
needs, opportunities, and barriers to start the discussion.

Rick

Richart Keller, AICP
Pioneer Valley Cohousing
120 Pulpit Hill Road #25