Do-It-Yourself Bookkeeping?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 03:01:46 -0800 (PST)
Our 32-unit community is considering (with some fear and trepidation)
dropping the bookkeeping and check-writing services of our management
company (which is far from perfect at this job), and doing it for ourselves
in Quickbooks.  As a self-taught amateur who has used MYOB and Quickbooks to
manage the finances of organizations much larger and more complex than our
community, this seems like a good move to me ? but others are very wary, and
want to know more about how this is working for other cohos.

So, if you have relevant experience and could reply ...
* Are you doing your own bookkeeping in house?  If so ...
* What configuration of volunteers, programs, and procedures is working for
you?  And,
* Did you try it, but then abandon it?  Why is that?

Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, MA