Re: Community Websites
From: Sheila Hoffman (sheilahoffmangraphics.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:58:36 -0800 (PST)
Sean, your offer is most generous.  Those are extensive features and the
Sonora site looks wonderful. I'm a graphic designer myself and while I work
a lot in WordPress someone else in our forming group is a Drupal expert. So
our site is setup with similar features to yours, using the Drupal
OpenSource platform (I designed the logo and site). We're a newly forming
group: www.capitolhillurbancohousing.org.

I looked at your link and read about Mosaic. I am unfamiliar with it. For me
it raises a bit of a concern as it looks proprietary (meaning custom and
unique to you). Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just feel that it's best
for communities to work with tools that are in wide use so that they do not
become dependant on any sole provider. I know that both WordPress and Drupal
are such trusted platforms that in very wide use.

To that end I offer another resource for communities in need. I've come
across this site in my web travels. They offer very low cost sites based in
Drupal. Here's their link: http://community-website.org/ I am in no way
affiliated.

Happy New Year.
Sheila