National Advocacy for Cohousing
From: David Entin (davidentincomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 08:49:00 -0800 (PST)
The Cohousing Association of the United States has established an Affordable
Cohousing Task Group that is spearheading efforts to make future cohousing more
affordable for a greater diversity of income levels.   The 2011 annual National
Cohousing Conference will be in Washington, DC, in mid-June.  Prior to the
conference we will be meeting with like-minded national organizations in the
fields of housing and sustainability and want to reach out to the appropriate
policy decision-makers and especially the US Congress to educate them on the
value of cohousing, particularly to address the issues of community and
sustainability that face our nation.  We are looking for allies who can assist
us, especially those who have contacts and relationships with Congresspeople
and Senators and/or their staffs.  If you are able to assist us with these
advocacy efforts on behalf of the cohousing movement, please let me know:
David Entin, Board member and vice president, Cohousing Assn. of the US, and
resident, Rocky Hill Cohousing, Northampton, MA.  davidentin [at] comcast.net.
or 413-341-3042.   Thank you.