Re: Internal bookkeeping
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:41:26 -0800 (PST)
This is exactly how it works at Songaia. (1) Done in-house, (2) a team
of two, rather than three, (3) outside accountant for taxes, (4) we
use Quickbooks, (5) not time-consuming day to day, (6) lots of time
for budget prep, (7) makes recommendations about reserves, etc.

We have relied on two core people for years - one does the day-to-day
bookkeeping, the other does budget prep, sets up custom reports.

We had an outside reserve study done in 2009, which was very
reassuring to some as we came out looking great. That gave us greater
confidence in how we've been dealing with the big bucks.

Craig