Re: Community Websites
From: Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel) (thummelemail.arizona.edu)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 18:26:26 -0800 (PST)
Shelia,

Sorry for the confusion. The public portion of the Sonora Cohousing website is
done using Drupal: http://sonoracoho.com. Sean is referring to the internal
portion that is not visible outside the community. I believe it is entirely
hand-coded.

The Drupal community is world-wide and goes by a philosophy similar to
cohousing.... inclusion, cooperation, and working collaboratively for the
benefit of the entire community. The Drupal community is amazing.
What is really great about Drupal is that you can create a website (without
content) and then clone it within minutes to get another fully-functional
website up and running really, really quickly... just add content & users. The
'clones' are fully customizable & expandable and the administration of the site
can be turned over to a community member who does not need a ton of technical
skill to maintain the site. This is what I do for the Community-website
project:  http://community-website.org.

I'm happy to share with other Drupal developers or would love for more people
to work with me on this project.  I've gotten input and support from several
communities but it is always helpful to have more.

Thanks,
Tracey