social justice in cohousing (formerly seeking balance)
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:14:15 -0800 (PST)
Rick, Ken, Patrick, and Susan -
I'd be interested in participating and helping organize this discussion.  It
dovetails quite nicely with the advocacy work that the CohoUS board is doing,
as well as some work I'm doing locally with the City of Seattle Office of
Housing and local housing authorities to see if there is a easy way to
incorporate more low income families into existing cohousing communities.
Along with this integration comes issues of support and social services....as
well as the flip side of NIMBY from the cohousers (I'm learning that there is a
difference in people saying that mixed income communities are desired vs. the
prejudices that prevent that from happening) ....so it'd be great to brainstorm
together.

Rick -
Please contact me offline if you are interested in helping me set up this call
(we can post the date/time/call-in info on this list for others to participate).

grace h kim aia
architect & cofounder
grace [at] schemataworkshop.com<mailto:grace [at] schemataworkshop.com>

schemata workshop inc.
<http://schemataworkshop.com/>
206.285.1589   1720 12th ave #3   seattle wa
98122<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=schemata+workshop&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl>
www.schemataworkshop.com<http://www.schemataworkshop.com/>
blog what's what in our world<http://schemataworkshop.wordpress.com/>

From: "Richart Keller" <richart.keller [at] gmail.com><mailto:richart.keller
[at] gmail.com%3e>
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ seeking balance

Anyone else interested in joining in this discussion. Perhaps we could
gather via a conference call to explore some initial ideas.

Rick