Dave Wann books: Are you "Normal?" Let's Hope Not!
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:13:32 -0800 (PST)
David Wann <davewann [at] comcast.net>
after reformatting.

Dave lives in Harmony Village Cohousing Community in Golden, Colorado

Creating a New Normal

A TRILOGY OF BOOKS BY DAVID WANN
Published January 2011
http://www.davewann.com

We're following the instructions our compulsive culture provides,
but they are no longer relevant.  It's time to reprogram the software
that shapes our way of life.

THE NEW NORMAL: AN AGENDA FOR RESPONSIBLE LIVING
explores 33 collective, high-leverage actions that will make our lives
more sensible and less selfish.

In the emerging, post-Industrial Revolution era, production and
consumption will no longer dominate our way of life. Instead we will
we keep ourselves connected and healthy with the restoration of
nature, time affluence, social ties, and green design.

"The new normal  agenda is built on convincing statistical and
anecdotal  information. Powerful, grounded reading for the challenges
of   21st-century living, offering hope in an age of pessimism."
- Kirkus Review

SIMPLE PROSPERITY: FINDING REAL WEALTH IN A SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE
How to find health and wellness, not just wealth and "hellness." 17
forms of non-material wealth worth far more than money.

"If ever there was a right book at the right time, Simple Prosperity
is it." - Lester Brown, author Plan B 4.0

"Simple Prosperity reads like a well-loved novel, engaging and
educational." - Jill Cloutier, Producer, Sustainable World Radio, KCSB

AFFLUENZA: THE ALL-CONSUMING EPIDEMIC
Based on two PBS specials about over-consumption, this bestselling
book, now in nine languages, unmasks and explores the symptoms of a
socially addictive disease that is running rampant through the world.
Individuals, families, communities, culture, and the environment are
already infected. But there are known cures, and we need to use them,
quickly!

"The way to end a nightmare is to wake up, and this book is an alarm
clock."- Paul Hawken, coauthor of Natural Capitalism

"Affluenza has easily passed the test of time and become an American
classic, the book that raised our crisis of consumption to national
awareness." - Bill McKibben, author of The End of Nature

They say that even after we see the light we won't make necessary
changes until we also feel the heat. That convergence is here and the
Change is coming, ready or not. As the cover of The New Normal
suggests, "Let's work together to keep the planet healthy."

For those in the Denver-Boulder area, I'm introducing The New Normal
at the Boulder Bookstore on January 18th at 7:30 (303.447.2074), and at
the Tattered Cover Lodo bookstore (303.436.1070) on February 10. Join
me - let's talk about how levers like redefining the words "success"
and "progress" can stimulate world-changing policies, designs, and
behaviors.

Dave Wann

http://www.davewann.com

Greening America Productions | 1015 Cottonwood Circle | Golden | CO | 80401