Re: Community Websites
From: Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel) (thummelemail.arizona.edu)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:11:38 -0800 (PST)
It would be really hard to beat Drupal's functionally.  It can do everything
the mosaic project does and much more.  Among the possibilities are an
accounting system that would automatically provide individual or team accounts;
receipts; invoices; payment tracking; balances; submission of reimbursement
requests; monthly & annual reports for individual, groups or the entire
community; allow secure online payments if wanted and could be securely managed
online by a team responsible for the financial management.

Drupal is designed to be very secure.  The White House successfully uses Drupal
for their website development and they are a constant target for hackers. No
one has broken in yet.

Drupal is also extremely well documented with thousands of online tutorials &
resources so anyone can join in the development if they want too. Technical as
well as non-technical users could participate and create really amazing
functionally without needing programming skills. It allows for collaboration in
the creation and management of the community's website.

Thanks,
Tracey