Re: seeking balance
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 16:06:27 -0800 (PST)
I have found that I can tap my community to volunteer along with me for one
time events, and for financial support for a particular cause.  I participate
in several annual fundraising events and can count on my fellow community
members to chip in. One neighbor has organized several phone banks in the
common house, with good community participation.  Another neighbor and I are
working on setting up a quarterly community action day, which might include
volunteering for an event together, phone banking or letter writing for a
cause.  I have found to helpful to hook up with other community members with
similar social justice agendas to help keep us motivated to keep on working on
both in-community and external issues. and also, to keep it fun.
Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing
Aptos, CA