Call for Presenters to the 2011 National Cohousing Conference (Deadline: Jan 28, 2011)
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 11:49:08 -0800 (PST)
Heads up: Jan 28 is the deadline for submitting an application to
present at the 2011 Natl Coho Conference.

I understand from the program team that there are some excellent
submissions, is yours already among them?

Craig

---------------------------

The link.  http://conference.cohousing.org/2011/callforpresenters

The 2011 National Cohousing Conference (NCC) will be held June 17-19th
in Washington DC. We are in need of speakers, presenters, panel
members and workshop makers extraordinaire to share their expertise
and knowledge during this exciting event. We need you!

As the absolute best place to reach the entire cohousing world in one
fell swoop, there will also be unique opportunities by holding this
event in Washington DC, to show how cohousing is relevant, resilient
and a path forward. In fact, that is exactly how we are structuring
the conference to help all this information come together holistically
for the people and groups that make up the cohousing constellation.

Friday will be focused on the ways that cohousing is relevant to an
individual, family, community and to our society at large. Saturday
will be focused on building skills for a resilient and joyous future;
looking deeply into issues that are basic to creating, maintaining or
understanding cohousing - and applying them to the real world. On
Sunday we will be looking for the conference goers to help build a
path forward and to steer the future of cohousing itself. Pretty
exciting stuff.

We have developed this conference with a close focus on the
constituent groups involved. While we have organized them into five
‘tracks’ we all know that no one person or community ever falls solely
into one track and that any given presentation could appeal to a wide
range of interests, so these are provided mostly as guidance as to who
we feel is being served by this event.

Living in Community: Existing Cohousing Communities
Forming Communities: Individuals and groups in progress or new to the
concepts involved
Supporting Communities: Public and Government agencies, policy makers
Building Community: Professionals and thought leaders in the cohousing
and parallel progressive movements
Understanding Community: Media, Researchers and Academics

Please review the themes and tracks suggested for the 2011 NCC to
determine how best to contribute your time and energy to this effort.
Suggested topics and the information that will be required for
submission can be found by clicking here

Additionally, if you believe you have an outstanding topic for
presentation that we have not listed, we will review all submissions
for possible incorporation. We are trying to avoid duplicate or
similar presentations, which will be screened during the review
process after the submission deadline.

The "Call for Speakers" will be reviewed through an online database
that allows potential speakers to provide submissions electronically.
Please use the link below to send your submission to become a speaker
at the 2011 NCC. Your participation is encouraged and appreciated! You
don't have to submit your actual presentation at this time, just
provide the electronic submission with the information outlined on the
link above.

Go to EasyChair to start your submission to participate as a speaker
at the 2011 Conference. Submissions must be received by January 28,
2011. Again, your presentation topic and summary are required by this
date, not the full written paper and/or PowerPoint presentation.

For more information about the 2011 National Cohousing Conference,
please click here.

Before, after or during submissions, if you have any questions, please
use the EasyChair system. In dire circumstances you can contact
program [at] cohous.org.

We sincerely and meaningfully appreciate that we can not do this
without you and look forward to seeing the creative thinking that we
have all come to expect in the cohousing community.

Jack Wilbern, Program Committee
on behalf of
The Cohousing Association of the United States Board and the 2011
Cohousing Conference Committee