Re: Planning for accessibility and visitability
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:15:42 -0800 (PST)
> DC as well is very accessible ? I'm always surprised when I travel
> how many cities still aren't.

I just got back from a surfing trip to Costa Rica - where I broke my leg.
Obviously I could do no more surfing or hiking, so we went to the capital
city San Jose, thinking we could at least do some museums, etc. OMG, just
walking six blocks downtown was a nightmare. Even when they did try to
provide disabled access the ramps were too steep, the grab bars were in the
wrong place, there was a step up to a supposedly accessible feature, etc. I
came home extremely glad for ADA.
eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info