Planning for accessibility and visitability
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Debby Vajda wrote an excellent summary of the need for accessible housing as
well as schools, gov't offices, medical facilities, and all other service
facilities.

At Liberty Village, MD,  a minimum standard of visitability was embraced in the
earliest planning criteria.
Two homes were built in the first phase for full first floor accessibility
including accessible kitchen and two master suites with two full accessible
baths on the main floor.
Lot reservations have been made for another two such homes in Phase 2 this year.

One of the original main floor accessible homes is now available for purchase.

Details are available at:  http://www.libertyvillage.com/004homes.html

Tom Lofft
Liberty Village, MD