Re: Security policies and security infrastructure for parking lots or entire sites
From: Kristin Dunkle (kdunklegmail.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 06:49:04 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Kristin Dunkle <kdunkle [at] gmail.com> wrote:
> We've recently experienced a rash of nighttime cash break-ins in the
> parking lot -- nearly 30 in the past month, usually with at least 5
> cars per night hit on nights when it happens.

That was an unfortunate typo and doesn't quite get properly clarified
later in the e-mail: CAR break-ins. We have had nearly 30 CAR
break-ins. Which have sometimes resulted in stolen cash...

...and car radios, GPS units, flashlights, miscellaneous tools,  etc.
Lately it's often just resulted in a broken window when a car
contained nothing of value but got window-smashed anyway (we're
leaving them quite empty these days). The pattern is for multiple cars
parked next to each other to all have smashed windows -- our thieves
are quite efficiently destructive, but tend not to look too closely
before they hit. They also don't try the doors, as many vehicles that
were left empty and unlocked in the hopes of preserving the windows
have nonetheless had their windows smashed.

Sorry 'bout any confusion!

Kristin Dunkle
East Lake Commons, Atlanta, GA, USA