Re: AARP/NAHB Livable Communities Award winners
From: Shari Hirst (sharihirst13gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:22:08 -0800 (PST)
As a member of ElderGrace I want to thank whoever posted the announcement to the co housing list serve. We appreciate being recipients of the award.

Shari Hirst

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Zabaldo
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 8:40 AM
To: Cohousing-L
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ AARP/NAHB Livable Communities Award winners

Congratulations, Grace!

I can't remember if I posted the announcement or not but I was a judge!!! (In a different category, obviously!) When I looked at the criteria for this awards program I thought: cohousing communities could sweep these awards. PLUS they have a really hard time getting enough entries so the competitive field would be to cohousing's advantage.

When the new Awards info is posted this year I hope more cohousing communities will enter. I think the community has to have been finished w/in the last year to qualify so this would be for new coho communities. But I'm not 100% sure!

Congrats again, Grace!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing