Re: Security policies and security infrastructure forparking lots or entire sites
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:25:42 -0800 (PST)
This practice can put children at risk, even where it is the custom. The fact that "it works" is case-specific. It is also child labor at slave wages. I agree that it is far out. I also know that the case cited was a momentary impulse and not intended to exploit--nay, the actual motive was probably to help and a kindness, but is any business transaction truly a kindness? Another not-so-far-out idea might be to hire an adult or two (one to watch and another to run in and notify you, call the police, or get information about the perpetrators, or, better yet, a security service (granted, this is not always practical). One can still feed the kids who otherwise might have performed the service. What makes sense depends upon the totality of the circumstances, including local law and one's own moral compass. Just a thought about thinking out all (or more) of the potential consequences . . .

WT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Strayer" <strayerla [at] gmail.com>