Re: rental policy in these economic times
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:32:00 -0800 (PST)
Another thought on leasing and the desire for long-term residents. Generally,
people who have just moved in are very involved in the community. It's the ones
who have been here "since the beginning" whose interest lags or they acquire a
goal that will take them elsewhere.

New residents bring a lot of enthusiasm and good old Yankee-Do "I can fix this"
to lots of old problems. While the turn over can be exhausting in orientating
new people, their energy has been incredible. And with no exceptions, the
people who have moved in, have been more involved than the household than moved
out. This is sometimes one of small degrees — the person who moved out was
involved 10% and the one who moved in was at 25% but now that one unit has
turned over 4 times we have a really dedicated and involved resident at 100%.

Short term is not all bad.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines