Re: rental policy in these economic times
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:05:19 -0800 (PST)
We don't have a set limit on how many units can be rented, but do have a two
year limit on how long you can rent a unit out.  We have a couple of long term
renters, one a roommate to a home owner and one living in part of the common
house. Both participate in the meal rotation, and one is an enthusiastic
participant in the community garden. In my experience, involved renters stay
long tern, and uninvolved renters tend to move on. I would put in my two cents
for loosening the policy and not worrying too much about it beyond encouraging
people to find renters who are interested in participating.   I  also suspect
that a two year limit is going to reduce renters' investment in the community.
If the community is solid, you are not going to be taken over by absentee
landlords. we are all doing what we can to make it through these hard times.
Randa Johnson