March 12th Training in Conflict Resolution Skills
From: Margaret (margaret.portermindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:32:40 -0800 (PST)
The Coho Third-Siders are sponsoring a second annual training for members of
Colorado cohousing communities on practical skills for creatively addressing
conflict in our communities.  Our training last year at Nyland Cohousing
focused on mediation skills.  This year, we are offering training in a
broader range of conflict resolution skills that can assist you in becoming
an agent for change in any interaction.  We are also offering a structured
opportunity for members of different communities to share their experiences
with addressing conflict. We believe cohousing communities have much to
offer each other in creatively addressing the differences that inevitably
arise in living in community.  We are excited to be able to offer this
training and hope you will want to join us.

When:  March 12, 2011, 9 AM to 4 PM

Where:  Silver Sage Village Cohousing, 1650 Yellow Pine Avenue, Boulder,
Colorado, 80304

Cost:  $40 in advance by March 10, payable to Jeff Jones at
www.clrconseling.com, click on the paypal "pay now" button; or by check to
Margaret Porter at 1654 Yellow Pine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado, 80304.  Cost
is $50 at the door; cost includes vegetarian lunch and materials

Tentative agenda:

     Overview:  Introduction, history and goals of Coho Third-Siders and
goals for this training

     Practical skill building sessions, including learning points and
interactive practice

     Lunch

     Third Side framework, roles, and practical applications in cohousing
communities

     Networking: How to build capacity within and among our communities for
creatively addressing conflict.

Feel free to contact one of us if you have questions about Coho Third-Siders
or about this training or have suggestions for topics you would like us to
include.

Marilyn Guy

Jeff Jones

Margaret Porter