Re: rental policy in these economic times
From: Kristin Wells (cbuilderddgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:43:59 -0800 (PST)
It's taken us over a year and we finally just got our lender to agree to
lease-to-own. We also formed an LLC and self-developed. So the "we" is us.
They have put a cap on how many units we can treat this way, but they
recognize that it gets people in, brings in some money, and is more
'permanent' than renting since people have a fairly significant amount
upfront they put in and by the end of a year that would be harder to just
walk away from. They said lets 'start' here and if its successful (meaning
people move in and lease and then move to purchasing), they may allow more.
They've been against renting all along. We also told them some 'stories' we
got from one of the high-rises here and how successful their lease-to-own
program has been. Just one year later and (I forget the exact percentage)
many have moved to purchases already.

All our 'income' from these would go directly to the bank too. So it would
help with the ongoing interest costs.

I'd be happy to talk to you more if you want to give me a call as well.
(between 2 and 5 today, my time, would be best for me). We're in very
similar boats.

--
Kristin Wells
Daybreak Cohousing, LLC