Re: 2011 Conference - Presenter's deadline extended to Feb, 11, 2011
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 06:22:22 -0800 (PST)
That's right, there are about 8 more days to propose a workshop or
breakout activity for the 2011 Natl Coho Conference. Last night, I sat
with several members of the Shadowlake Cohousing community here in
Blacksburg, Virginia. We talked about the value that participating in
past conferences has had for different communities over the years.

I want to strongly encourage people from communities in the
Mid-Atlantic to consider joining together to share from your
community's story through a conference session.

Over the years, I've worked with others from Songaia Cohousing to
share about Aging in Community, Singing in Community, Creating
Celebrations and Ritual for communities, and Social Sustainabilty.
I've found the exercise of joining with other community members to
craft and then present your story is an important way to deeply
connect into your own life experience and to help create a broader
legacy for your community and yourself. It also is very helpful for
future cohousers to get a picture of community members who have come
together to create something.

For the 2011 Conference, a group from Songaia will be flying all the
way from Seattle to the other Washington (DC) for the conference. We
hope to present on Eldering in Community (our proposal has not yet
been selected). Over recent years, two of our Founding Elders have
passed away. And, we've done much work and have had many conversations
about eldering and what it is to be an elder in a cohousing community.
We're excited about the possibility of sharing this with other
communities. I have some personal passion for this specific work and
look forward to learning even more with my community as our team comes
together to prepare an experience for those who choose to attend.

Craig