Re: The Future of Cohousing
From: Naomi Anderegg (naomi_andereggyahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:18:32 -0800 (PST)
Hm. . . could you require that rental units either be owned by residents
(living
in separate dwellings within the community) or by the nonprofit group (to which
you pay your condo fees and whatnot)? This eliminates the possibility of having
distant non-resident landlords--either "the group" is the landlord and it's
some
member's duty to take care of the money around that OR a couple of individuals
in the community decide that they would like to invest further in the community
by owning and managing rentals there? And also, could issues be divided up into
ones that only owners have a say-so in and separate ones that everyone has a
say-so in? It seems like there are a lot of management decisions that wouldn't
effect the value of the properties and that everyone could participate in. But
that there are others that would effect the value of the properties, and that
probably only individuals with a financial investment should really be part of.

Thoughts?

Naomi