Re: Skills audit - any ideas for what we should be asking?
From: Naomi Anderegg (naomi_andereggyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 01:49:09 -0800 (PST)
Hi Peter,

Are you following a new or retrofit model? I was thinking that with a block
retrofit, you might want to know who knows about plumbing or whatnot  as
everyone would be separately fixing up their homes, but could  probably use a
little advice/bartering from other community members.  (And there's really no
point in 4 people separately researching green  insulation or grey-water
systems
when they could be sharing that  information.) Also, I was thinking that you
might want to do an  interests / skills model for your survey. Because interest
in a subject may very well be  a better predictor of later achievement in an
area than previous experience.  (Pairing up someone with high
interest/motivation and someone with lots  of previous experience to head up
the
community garden or manage the  common house kitchen or whatnot together might
not be a bad idea--thoughts on  this?)

Naomi