Cohousing, Adaptive Reuse and Renting
From: Zev Paiss (zpaisscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 06:08:56 -0800 (PST)
Pat,

This adaptive reuse project being developed in Pittsburgh is EXACTLY the kind of opportunity I have been thinking about and beginning to suggest to groups and individuals who have sought my advice.

There are huge numbers of projects that have been stalled, abandoned or foreclosed upon that could work perfectly fine when adapted for a cohousing community. You know the old saying about making lemonade when we find a truckload of lemons on our doorstep.

I say keep buying up the block and before long you will have reached critical mass and be able to have a common house.

Keep up the creative work and let us all know how it is going!

Zev Paiss
Nomad Cohousing (11 homes where 7 of the 11 are permanently affordable)
Boulder, Colorado