Re: Car Sharing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:03:34 -0800 (PST)
On 8 Feb 2011, at 12:04 PM, Fred H Olson wrote:

> Zipcar exists here in town, but 4 miles away at Amherst College.

You can also approach ZipCar about putting a car in your community. When I
contacted them here a number of years ago now, they wanted a guarantee of a
minimum number of hours a week. The car would then be available to any members
to reserve. Each geographic area probably varies in requirements and
possibilities but it would give you a maintenance free car and no
responsibility for scheduling, etc.

We didn't have enough drivers for us to reach the minimum because we are on the
Metro and some people bike. Or borrow cars from those who have them. And we
have 7 ZipCars within 2 blocks. The reason for wanting one in our lot is the
problem of returning it late at night and walking home.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC