Re: The Future of Cohousing
From: peterpiper (peterpiperriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:20:04 -0800 (PST)
There was a good discussion on this list a year ago about affordability. In the UK we are using a legal and financial model called a Mutual Home Ownership Society where residents pay 35% of their income to finance equity shares. The homes themselves and Common house are owned by the society. This ensures it is permanently affordable in perpetuity. See my post from last years list archive: http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/msg30957.html