Re: The Future of Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 09:35:40 -0800 (PST)
On 6 Feb 2011, at 2:42 PM, Racheli Gai wrote:

> Are the non-residents actually show up to meetings in which decisions
> are made?
> If they are not, it doesn't seem that they can affect decisions a
> whole lot, since consensus
> is done by people who are present, no?

They don't but they could. On any issue that they cared about, they could
object. They could also use their objection on all issues to force us to allow
them to extend their leasing privileges. They now have leasees that we like but
they don't know how long they can stay in this country.

Whether something totally negative would ever happen, one can't predict but
it's a situation to be avoided when possible. If a program is being designed to
create more rentals in cohousing, it would be best for the local community to
have control, not an external agency.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines