Re: Bullying (was Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 85, Issue 7)
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:57:20 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 01:20:09PM -0500, Martha Lee wrote:

> I have never posted before, but here it goes!

I was very puzzled about where the "bullying" replies were suddenly
coming from -- your subject line didn't exactly match the content, so
I'd skimmed right over it.

> I would like input from other co-housing groups on how you have
> dealt with adult bullying problems.

We haven't had anything remotely on this scale, so I can't address
"adult bullying problems."  But:

> Overruling decisions without a rationale, Sabotaging team efforts,
> Demeaning others, Verbal intimidation, Harassment, Incivility,
> Teasing, Gossiping, Purposely withholding business information.

I'm really surprised you'd use a list like this to describe the
atmosphere when "tires were slashed" and "resident was hit by a bb in
the head"!  Those are criminal acts, Martha, and you don't need to be
holding meetings or hiring consultants -- you need to call the police.
Now.

--
Ellen Keyne Seebacher                   elle [at] pobox.com