Bullying / subject lines
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 06:30:02 -0800 (PST)
Please be careful about subject lines on your posts.
Particularly if you are a digest subscriber and replying.

Recently there has been a thread of about 7 messages on
"Bullying" that had about 4 different subject lines because
the original  on 2/6 had the subject line (tho I dont think
it was related to anything in that digest)  :
   Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 85, Issue 7

Other subject lines that tried to link them together included:
Re: Community Conflict & Defiance of Community Rules [was...
Re: Bullying (was Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 85, Issue 7)

You can currently find the thread in the archives at
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/
(new posts may not get found appropriately) by searching for:

bully* 2011 or "digest vol 85"

-------------- Excessive quoting ----------------
Lately there have been a fair number of messages that I would
judge to have excessive quoting. Sometimes quoting messages that
quote messages that ...  Please try to remove most quotes and
only leave enough to set the context.  Digest subscribers (over
half of the 800 sybscribers) particularly benefit from minimal
quoting so they dont have to wade thru quotes to find next message.
[ You can search for the next occurance of "Message:" tho ]

Note that I've noticed a few replies that dont quote anything and
combined with subject line problems leave it unclear what is being
replied to. A bit of quoting or explict reference is helpful.

Fred, listserv manager, http://justcomm.org