Want to live in a really cool, ultra Green, very friendly cohousing community?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:01:30 -0800 (PST)
Hello all --

Award winning Eastern Village Cohousing, located right on the dividing line
between Maryland and the District of Columbia has a home for sale!  A rare and
wonderful opportunity to move right into cohousing!

Below are the specifics -- please do NOT email me for more information.  Please
email Chuck Washington, the seller, at:

randalljoe [at] aceweb.com

or call:  301-650-4143

--begin--

Here are the Particulars of the community:

Eastern Village Condominium – Country Living in the City

Potluck Dinners:  Every Monday we celebrate with a potluck dinner in the common
house dining room.

Birthday Celebrations: On the first Monday of each month, the potluck dinners
celebrate those residents whose birthdays occur during that month.

SAGE Brunches:  On the first Friday of each month, we host a SAGE brunch.
Although this brunch was initially designed primarily for retirees, all are
welcome to attend/participate, and in fact we encourage everyone to
participate.  The only general rule is that we do not talk shop.

Vegan Meal Nights:  Every other Wednesday night, residents bring their favorite
vegetarian dish to share with all.

Movie Nights:  We have three versions, (1) group viewing of movies at the AFI
Theatre in downtown Silver Spring, group viewing of movies in another
resident’s home, and group viewing of movies on the roof.

Theater Shows:  We attend plays and shows at venues such as the Kennedy Center,
Montgomery College, etc., in groups, and we often get discounted tickets.

Poetry Readings:  We have our own on-site poet.

Sunset Celebrations:  Enjoy impromptu sunset celebrations on the roof with
beverages, light refreshments.

Fireworks Celebrations:  Without leaving the complex, enjoy excellent rooftop
views of 4th of July and New Year celebrations.  Views include firework
displays on the Capitol Mall, in Rockville, in Germantown, in College Park, and
in Greenbelt.

Trusted Baby Sitters:  Baby sitters are easy to find within the community and
the best part is that you do not have to pick them up or drive them home, they
are already here.

Safe Play Areas for Children:  Not only do we have several areas for children
to play safely, members of the community keep close tabs on the children to
ensure their safety and security.  Strangers are immediately identifiable since
we are such a close-knit community.

Built-in Pet Sitters:  This pet friendly community has many residents who will
take care of your pets inside your home while you are away, at no charge.

Environmentally Friendly:  EVC is a LEED (Leadership in Energy and
Environmental Design) award winner.  In addition to the building having a
geothermal heating/cooling system, each unit (condominium) has its own
individual geothermal unit.  These units are energy efficient and greatly
reduce utility bills.

EVC Guest Rooms:  We have three guest rooms, located on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th
floors, respectively.  These large, comfortable, hotel-style rooms each have
their own separate full baths and are available for use by residents and their
guests (ideal for when the in-laws or that old college friend visit).

EVC Websites:  We have two websites, one where we post pertinent documents and
residents can comment on issues of concern.  That website is available to all
members of the community and requires a user name and password:   The other is
a website that is accessible without a username or password and provides
general information concerning the community:  HYPERLINK
"http://www.easternvillage.org/"; http://www.easternvillage.org/.
Walk to Metro, Shops, Dining, etc

6 minute walk to Blair Plaza, Giant Foods, CVS, barbers, beauticians,
manicurists, dry cleaners, Caribou Coffee, Mayorga Coffee, Moorekno Ice Cream,
& restaurants
10 minute walk to the Silver Spring Metro  & MARC stations
13-16 minute walk to the Post Office, Starbucks, Einstein Bagels, AFI and
Majestic Theaters, Whole Foods, Border Books, Safeway, fitness centers, Walter
Reed, etc
Don’t want to walk? Take the FREE county VanGo bus   HYPERLINK
"http://www.silverspringdowntown.com/transportation/vango-stops";
http://www.silverspringdowntown.com/transportation/vango-stops

Safety/Security
Patrolled by the Montgomery County & Metropolitan DC Police Departments.
Walk to Montgomery County P.D. substation & Silver Spring Fire Department

Know Your Neighbors:  One of the great thing about Eastern Village is that you
will know your neighbors, be greeted by your neighbors, and helped by your
neighbors.

And the particulars on the home for sale:

FOR SALE or RENT WITH OPTION TO BUY
7981 Eastern Avenue, Unit 301
Silver Spring, MD 20910

2BR/2 Full Baths, 4 Closets, & Utility Room (930 square feet)
End unit on the 3rd floor of a 4-storey, 55 unit building in downtown Silver
Spring
Relatively new condo with one owner; first occupied in March 2005
Award-winning, ecology friendly, and energy efficient community on the Maryland
side of Eastern Avenue, bordering NW Washington, DC
Sunlit home (3 sides) with excellent views of the Capitol Mall firework
displays and a tree-lined view of an established and well maintained DC
neighborhood
Neighborly, educated, diverse, wheelchair accessible, pet-friendly community

Amenities
In-unit washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove (all like-new)
In-unit geothermal CAC/Heating unit; utilities average less than $60 per month
New 2 inch wooden blinds (white) throughout (August 2009)
New carpeting throughout (ecology & pet friendly) (July 2009)
Lighted ceiling fans in the living room and master bedroom
High speed Internet, satellite TV, water, gas, trash removal, & janitorial
service included in the $332 monthly condominium fee
Toddler, game, meditation, workshop, exercise, & bike rooms, community kitchen
and den, computer nook, magazine exchange, sitting/reading areas, and library
Landscaped grounds and picnic area; rooftop playground & gazebo provide a
relaxing place to enjoy beautiful sunsets and sunrises
Quest quarters for your overnight visitors who want more privacy/space
Garage parking $95 per month

Price & Other Pertinent Data
$334,000
To see floor plan:  HYPERLINK "http://www.ecohousing.net/floorplans/301.PDF";
http://www.ecohousing.net/floorplans/301.PDF
Available for showing only to buyers with a lender’s pre-qualification letter
(the pre-qualification letter is a must)
I would prefer not to engage with realtors.
Contact : Chuck @  HYPERLINK "mailto:randalljoe [at] aceweb.com" randalljoe
[at] aceweb.com or 301-650-4143

--end--

Best --