Common House
From: Sally Thompson (cohousinggroupsverizon.net)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:15:31 -0800 (PST)
Adding to that discussion is a comment to see what others think.  I believe in
having more than one use for each room, and one thing I would do is to put a
sofa bed in each guest room so that the rooms can be used for small
gatherings such as to watch a football game or having a mending circle or a
small committee meeting so that small gatherings need not monopolize the larger
spaces, and the guest rooms are in use when not in use as a guest room!  Do any
common houses have sofa beds?  You could even have the equivalent of twin beds
with a small sofa or large chair that can open out into a twin.  What do you
think?  What other dual purpose rooms can you suggest to save square footage?

Sally Thompson
Harmony Green Village
Delaware County, PA