Re: Common House - cork?
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:13:45 -0800 (PST)
My parents' home had cork flooring in the living room from 1953 until
it was sold in 1997. It was good quality cork, but it looked fine
until the day we had to sell it, though it had to deal with 6 children
and many parties. It went through one refinishing in all those years.

My father had the foresight to buy extra tiles, so that when the dog
chewed on a corner area they could be replaced.

It was a very pleasant floor to grow up on.