Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Holly McNutt (holly.mcnuttgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:37:17 -0800 (PST)
Wow, that is an interesting question.  I've seen a parasite or two pass through
our community and had a similar thought. Can you warn the coho world about
someone?  I wouldn't want people to be unjustly slandered, so I feel
uncomfortable with the idea, but still...  The most important thing I ever do
in renting to someone is checking their references.  I would hope anyone else
renting would do the same.  Speaking to the former landlord should unearth any
bad behavior. I rely on former landlords to be honest and tell me if they had a
problem with someone, and I do the same when people call me to check references
on someone I have rented to in the past.  You can;t be too careful! - Holly