Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all --

I agree w/ Sharon.  Don't be intimated but be aware.  I was a landlord (lady?)
for a very short time w/ a rental property in DC.  It took a lawyer and 9
months to evict a family that was trashing my house.  More than 10K in damages
-- but they had "rights" under DC law. I had to go to court to get an order.
The 9 months to eviction was considered FAST by DC standards. (?)    After that
... I fixed the house and sold it.  Had I tried to get the woman to leave she
would have sued me and won.  Soooo ... make sure you know what your rights are
as a landlord and go for whatever remedy is available to you.

BTW -- she came w/ STELLAR recommendations by her former "landlords" whom I
came to suspect were her friends.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing