Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
Barbara -- I am generally utlra sensitve about email messages.

I, too, felt the email communication was pretty balanced.

I recounted my info because I felt it showed no matter how I tried to check out
everything I still had a problem.  You can't avoid every possibility.

Please note -- no where in my emails did I say a single disparaging thing about
the renter I encountered.  I used not one negative personal comment nor did I
judge her at all.  In truth ... my feelings about her to this day are that she
is a person struggling to make her way in the world -- she has a strategy for
doing that that caused me time, money and effort.  That's on me.  I wonder how
her strategy is working for HER?

And also ... in this case we're talking about the problem of renting to a
person "making the rounds" of a set of cohousing communities in CO.  My
question still is regarding multiple rentals in the same community by this
person -- are  people not talking to each other in the community?  This is a
bigger issue to me than the renters in question.

And this is one reason to develop good communication lines BETWEEN cohousing
communities in a region -- pass along information informally that may be use to
other cohousers in your area.  We have a process for doing that in Mid Atlantic
Cohousing because the community reps meet once a month.  (I'm NOT just talking
about renters -- how about property taxes, schools, issues of concern to
homeowners?)  There have 15 or more cohousing communities in CO.  Could a
regional organization have helped w/ this situation?   Including helping the
renters themselves?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing