Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Tim Pierce (twpunchi.org)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
On 3/12/11 9:17 AM, Doug Chamberlin wrote:

On 3/11/11 11:34 AM, David Bygott wrote:
Is it even legal to post such a warning?
Of course it is legal! I am not a lawyer but my understanding is that it
is not illegal to tell the truth.

"Truth is an absolute defense to a defamation claim. But keep in mind that the truth may be difficult and expensive to prove."
(http://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation)

The idea of a "bad tenants" blacklist sounds like a liability pit so huge, I would not even want to be in the same hemisphere as it.

--twp