Re: Bad tenant alert
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
and one more thing:
This thread deals with renters, this pattern of behavior is not exclusive to
just renters. There are also owners who have moved through coho communities
wrecking havoc in their wake.

well, OK, one more thing:
When Ann writes:  *My question still is regarding multiple rentals in the
same community by this person -- are  people not talking to each other in
the community?  This is a bigger issue to me than the renters in question.*
People are *not *talking to each other in community (it would be judged as
gossiping).   And even more dangerous, people defend  destructive behavior
patterns, for altruistic reasons like inclusivity, compassion & patience.
At the very least, there is a cone of silence about the troublesome aspects
of community living in order to show a positive face to the outside world.

I see this thread of forewarning other communities as very healthy.
Hopefully it will encourage better boundaries and diminish the tendency for
cohousing communities becoming sanctuary for difficult personalities.

Pattymara